September 28, 2012
The Tom Roten Morning Show...Mornings from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., on Newstalk 800 WVHU/1600 WZZW.
I've been reading with great fascination all the so-called political experts' reasons why Mitt Romney and the GOP didn't win the 2012 Presidential Election. I've even
read on Glenn Beck's The Blaze that Ron Paul is the reason! That's right! Some
readers commented that Ron Paul not backing Romney is what cost the GOP the
election...Seriously? (To read the comments, click HERE, then scroll past the bottom of the article.)
In January, I wrote "15 reasons why I can't vote for Mitt Romney". It
detailed Mitt's liberal history WAY before he won the nomination or was even
called "the front-runner". The reason the Republicans lost the race is simple - Mitt Romney! He was a horrible choice as the nominee!
While many conservatives woke up shocked and surprised Wednesday morning, I was not caught off guard whatsoever! I guess if I listen to Dick Morris, Karl Rove, and the rest of the GOP Kool-Aid givers, I'd be in a daze right now too.
(If you did as poor a job as Dick & Karl, you'd be FIRED!)
But I have been sober since 2004! I quit drinking the intoxicating GOP Kool-Aid (Oh YEAH!).
Of course the Andrea Mitchell’s of the world want you to believe that the reason the
Republicans lost is that they are too extreme to the right! This is what they
will all try to convince you of...that Republicans need to stop talking about
abortion, same-sex marriage, global warming, and traditional family values.
Focus on being a broader, more inclusive tent!
No thanks! In fact, I don't think the GOP can be saved. I think it's DEAD!
The GOP took true conservatives and constitutionalists for granted! Many Christians stayed home or just didn't vote for either the Republican or Democrat for President.
Democrats know their base and they do what they have to do to attract them!
Consider a blog by another former guest, author Gregg Jackson, who asked months ago, "Time for Christians and conservatives to break ranks with the GOP?".
Here's what the Republicans should have done...
1. Don't let the War on Coal get changed to the War(?) on Women!
2. Focus on RADICAL change from big government to small government.
3. Demand the truth on what happened in
4. Demand the truth on what happened with Fast & Furious!
5. Demand the truth on the Secret Service prostitution scandal! (When was the last time you hear ANYTHING about that?)
7. Promise to NEVER pass or sign a budget that has one dime of funding for Planned Parenthood!
8. Demand an investigation into ACORN, Planned Parenthood, the New Black Panthers, and more!
9. Investigate why members of known terrorist groups and/or their families have been to the White House!
10. Promise to put an end to the "End-Around" Congress - Executive Orders!
11. Stop using religion as a means of political gain and be a man of righteousness who gives credit to God Almighty and acknowledges Him for any success you have!
12. Mandate that coal, oil, and natural gas will be
and back it up with getting rid of stupid regulations that lead to higher energy costs and more people out of work.
There's a dozed just for starters. Any candidate who'd run on that platform would win in a land-slide!
But that's ok...just go ahead and blame Chris Christie for walking around NJ with Obama after the hurricane...it'll make you feel better...NOT REALLY!