September 28, 2012
The Tom Roten Morning Show...Mornings from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., on Newstalk 800 WVHU/1600 WZZW.
Today was my last show until after New Year's Day. I appreciate the guest hosts who will be filling in while Melanie and I are away during the holidays.
I want to take this time to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas & happy New Year! Thank you for being a listener in 2012!
I want to leave you with a few suggestions to have a Merry Christmas...
1) SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY. The Bible talks about redeeming the time and numbering our days. Even though the Myan calendar was wrong, we're still not guarnteed tomorrow. You never know when it will be the last time to hug your children, talk to your spouce, or be nice to your in-laws!
2) DON'T WORRY. Be anxious for nothing, the Bible tells us. It's hard sometimes to not worry when there are constant attacks on our freedom; The economy is falling off a cliff; and The world waxes more evil everyday. But God is still in control! Do yourself (and your family) a favor over the holidays - TURN OFF the TV, computer, Smart Phone, and, yes, even radio! Take a break from all the assaults on lives and liberty. If you can, put work out of your mind for a few hours/days. You won't miss a thing!
3) FORGIVE, FORGET, AND FORBEAR. Colossians 3:13 commands us to be "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." It's time to let go of some things. Bitterness will kill you! Just drop it! It doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong. People put up with me, so I need to put up with them too .
4) CONSIDER YOUR WAYS. Once again the Bible tells us to consider our ways. Examine yourself before the new year starts. What needs to change? What can you give up? What can you start doing? How about thinking differently than you always have? Just CONSIDER!
5) WHAT THINK YE OF CHRIST? Matthew 22:42 asks this question. This Christmas season, please understand that Jesus is no longer in the manger, He's no longer on the Cross, and He's no longer in the tomb! He is the RISEN SAVIOR! He is seated at the right hand of the Father. And He is still the ONLY way, truth, and life! You must consider this question. Ye must be born again!
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8