September 28, 2012
The Tom Roten Morning Show...Mornings from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., on News Radio 800 WVHU/1600 WZZW.
Thanks to the folks from Bob Evans bringing biscuits & gravy!
Ok, so I got a little on my chin! But I was HUNGRY!
Bob Evans is donating a percentage of sales today to the Huntington Area Food Bank as part of their Hunger Free Communities Campaign. Go to BobEvans.com or their Facebook page to download and print the flyer to help the hungry!
I enjoyed my interview this week with Milton, WV author Casey Bond.
Casey's first book is WINTER SHADOWS. Visit her site here.
This is UNbelievable! From The Blaze...
What began as a simple traffic stop ended in a humiliating and nightmarish ordeal for a New Mexico man. It won’t come as a surprise to most people why the man has now filed a federal civil rights lawsuit.
The incident began on Jan. 2 as David Eckert was leaving the local Walmart in Deming, N.M. He reportedly failed to make a complete stop at a stop sign, prompting police to pull him over.
The officers asked him to step out of the vehicle and claim the man appeared to be clenching his buttocks, Eckert’s attorney, Shannon Kennedy, told TheBlaze. It is unclear why police removed him from the vehicle in the first place. However, because the cops believed he was clenching his buttocks, they took it as reason to suspect him of hiding narcotics in his anal cavity.
New Mexico Man David Eckert Sues After Anal Cavity Search, Colonoscopy After Traffic Stop
Police officers detained Eckert after a narcotics sniffing dog allegedly issued a “hit” on Eckert’s car seat. Meanwhile, they sought a search warrant for an anal cavity search.
“What is so strange about this case is they held him with no evidence,” Kennedy said. “They seized him to collect evidence, to go on a fishing expedition on someone’s body.”
Upon securing the warrant, Deming police officers took the man to an emergency room, but hit their first snag when a doctor refused to perform the anal cavity search because he believed it to be “unethical.”
So police tried again at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, N.M., where doctors agreed to the search.
KOB-TV outlined the disturbing series of events that occurred next, details confirmed by medical records and official documents provided to TheBlaze by Eckert’s attorney:
1. Eckert’s abdominal area was X-rayed; no narcotics were found.
2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert’s anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert’s anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
4. Doctors penetrated Eckert’s anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
5. Doctors penetrated Eckert’s anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
6. Doctors penetrated Eckert’s anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
7. Doctors then X-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.
8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert’s anus, rectum, colon and large intestines. No narcotics were found.
See the rest from TheBlaze.com/...
And from WND.com/...
From my frequent guest AWR Hawkins with Breitbart.com/...
On October 29, San Francisco supervisors "unanimously" passed a ban on "high capacity" magazines within city limits. This comes on the heels of news that the "strict gun control" already in place in the city is not working.
San Francisco has pursued Chicago-like gun control for years, including the passage of an all-out ban on privately owned handguns in 2005. That ban was struck down by a California court in 2008, but smaller, incremental gun control measures remain on the books and continue to be passed.
Read the rest...
Sure, makes sense to me! Unbelievable!
And as we know, more gun control eliminates crime, right???
Read this headline from AWR...
While you're watching the ObamaCare website debacle, don't miss what's next on the horizon!
This week Republican Rep. David Valadao announced he is joining House Democrats in support of a bill to overhaul the nation's immigration system (ie: AMNESTY).
The California congressman makes the three GOP House members to back Democrat-sponsored bill that would "provide a path to citizenship" for the millions of illegal immigrants in the US. The other two are Rep. Jeff Denham, also from California, and Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen of Florida.
While most other House Republicans have not indicated support for such a bill, don't be shocked if a compromise bill isn't approved by a majority!
The bill is currently in committee and has yet to be voted on by the House of Representatives.